Alright everyone this post is gonna get a little deep and a little personal! These past few weeks I have been feeling off, unmotivated, forgetful etc. and in the process of all that I felt lost with my blog as well. Today I was given the nudge that I needed to get back on my feet, per say, and continue head first doing the things that I love! Thank you to both @thestylespoonie for nominating me for the Liebster Award and to @nicoleviadosa for nominating me for the Miranda Sings award! Thanks to these ladies I realized I needed to get off my a** and get started again! Check them out and give them some loveeeee. 🙂
So essentially the word liebster means: sweetheart, darling, beloved. And this award was started by a new blogger for other newbies to gift to each other! It is a way of showing appreciation and gratitude for all the hard work all of us blogger babes are putting into our blogs. Many people have the common misinterpretation that blogging is easy and that its all just a bunch of nice looking pictures, but trust me y’all its so much more then that! The Liebster Award is a beautiful way of both promoting other bloggers and getting that extra umfff of support you need to keep on hustling! It is also a great way for your readers to get to know you a little better. Thank you again lovely @thestylespoonie !
- Nominate 5 new bloggers
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominee!
Miranda Signs Award?
This award is all about self-love ladies! Often times it can be so unnecessarily difficult for girls to talk positively about themselves due to fear of being missunderstood. Everyone is afraid of being seen as self-centered, or too much, well ladies I’m here to tell/remind you there is NO SUCH THING. Confidence is key both in this industry and many others. I encourage you to comment below your 10 most valued characteristics and spread the confidence and beauty we all have! Thanks @nicoleviadosa <3
- Announce your nomination with a post, including a link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the featured image on your blog.
- List seven things you love about yourself (e.g. your appearance, personality, achievements, etc.).
- Don’t use negative connotation. (Ex. Don’t say things like – I’m prettier than an average person or People have told me I’m smart. You ARE pretty! You ARE smart!)
- Nominate 10 other blogs and link the nominees in your post!
1. What’s the story behind your blog name?
Honestly, all of my social media was already under my name and I thought it would be cohesive and easy for readers to find me if my blog was under my name also.
2. What platform are you using (WordPress, Blogger, Weebly, etc.), and why?
WordPress, because it is easy-peasy to use and to learn!
3. What is your favorite social media outlet and why?
INSTAGRAM by far! I have learned so much about photography and I would definitely say its one of my hobbies now! I like finding the beauty in the most mundane settings on life.
4. What are the top 3 goals for your blog?
Inspire someone to go out and just DO it (whatever it may be), meet other ladies that love the same things that I do, and simply just make a difference.
5. Do you have a 9 to 5 job? If so, what is it?
I would say being a student is more like a 24/7 thing in college. I love learning especially now since its what I am interested in. I’m a double major in Communication Studies & International Relations (a mouth full I know lol)
6. Are you an optimist or a realist?
7. Toilet paper over or under?
8. Who is your greatest teacher?
My Mami has crafted me into the go-getter woman I am today!
9. Describe your best friend using only 3 words.
fashionable, confident, loving
10. Describe yourself using only 3 words.
passionate, extroverted, thoughtful
Q&A Miranda Signs: 7 Things I Love About Myself
- I am a veryyyyy passionate person. When I care about something or someone I will not stop trying until I know there is no more hope.
- I like that I am petite. Sure, sometimes it can be a hassle to fit in to clothes but being little is part of who I am.
- I am hispanic (Puerto Rican & El Salvadoran) and proud. I love to dance salsa, and eat plantains.
- I’m a perfectionist and all the details matter.
- I can easily put myself in someone else’s shoes.
- I like to prove people wrong.
- I have maternal instincts, I mother my friends and loved ones all the time haha from reminding them to take napkins at fast food restaurants, to making sure they get home safe!
I nominate these inspiring babes:
- What inspired you to pursue blogging?
- What is your all time fave article of clothing?
- Are you traveller or a home body?
- What is your horoscope sign?
- Do you relate with it?
- Beer girl or wine lady?
- How would you describe your blog if you only had 3 words?
- What is one goal you have for this next month?
- If you could live anywhere where would it be?
- Half glass empty? Half glass full?